I have taken a one time dose of Reese's Pinworm treatment Pyrantel Pamoate, which to my knowledge is by far the safest of all drug treatments. I took the family strength (2 oz) at once. Since you cannot OD on PP without taking 50x that dosage, I figured I better be on the safe side and take a little higher than the recommended dosage.
I can't say definitively whether or not it was effective. But I figured a one-time treatment of it couldn't hurt. It's not something I would make a routine of. My intuition tells me to do it naturally. I can't imagine taking a drug and continuing to eat foods that feed parasites (sugar) and all of a sudden be symptom free. It just doesn't make sense to me that it would work like that. I recommend going drug-free, although if you do decide to go the drug route you would still have to do an anti-parasitic diet as well. There's really no escaping it.