CureZone   Log On   Join
New ovarian cyst on last remaining ovary :( Iodine? Please help!

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
dmd721 Views: 1,571
Published: 5 years ago

New ovarian cyst on last remaining ovary :( Iodine? Please help!

Hi all! I have been reading through various threads on this website and have found everything to be so very helpful.

Some history - I just turned 27 years old and a little over two months ago, I had surgery to remove a 12cm dermoid ovarian cyst, along with my right ovary and tube. I did not have any symptoms for this cyst until about a month before surgery when it was discovered (that was in April). My doctors said that I was most likely born with this cyst and that it's been slowly growing ever since...and it finally reached the point where it just got too large and began to make itself known.

Now I'm two months post-op, and just last week I felt twinges and pressure on my left side. I went for an ultrasound and they discovered a 1.7cm complex cyst on my left ovary :( My doctor is hopeful that it's not a dermoid, but rather a different type of cyst called a hemorrhagic cyst that will most likely resolve on it's own. I'm scheduled for another ultrasound in a month to follow up and check for changes/hopeful resolution.

My boyfriend and I do want to have children someday, so my initial reaction was one of panic and worry since not only do I have this new cyst, but it's also on my only remaining ovary. So I already working with less here.

I've been trying my very best to research anything I can do until my ultrasound to promote healing and resolution naturally. I've always eaten a pretty clean, healthy diet, but now I've kicked that up into extra high gear. Additionally, I've began making and drinking Tumeric milk, as I've read that Tumeric has anti-inflammatory properties.

Today's research led me to Iodine, and I am definitely intrigued. It seems that either Lugols or Iodoral are the best options. My questions:

1. Which is better?
2. How much should I take?
3. Should I combine it with any other additional supplement?

I already take the following supplements, and have for some time: women's multivitamin, biotin, calcium & magnesium, cranberry pills (for UTI prevention), and a probiotic.

Thank you SO much if you made it through this novel. I appreciate any and all insight!

ETA: I know combined birth control pills are supposed to help prevent cyst formation, but I cannot take the combined pill, and the mini pill gave me terrible side effects. I'd rather not put those chemicals in my body, anyway.

Also, I do respect my gyno fully, however, my search brought me here because she never really gave me an answer of what can be done to prevent cysts, besides birth control pills (and I just had a feeling that there had to be something. I cannot bear the thought of another surgery or recurring cysts for the rest of my life, or worst of all - losing my remaining ovary!)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.352 sec, (2)