Depending on activities and air born allergens I get 2 to 4 sinus problems a year. I have one now that seems to have roots in me cutting my 50-types of desert weeds I have that grow 4 feet tall. I didn't wear a mask...which was stupid but now I have a sinus infection. Started with congestion day after and 5 days later have full head congestion and yellow thick mucus in sinuses.
Is this regiment okay? Thank you in advance! I want to know for my kids too because some times they get ear, nose and throat things also and I'd like to avoid commercial Antibiotics and OTC meds.
Sinus thing I started today:
I was going to do this every 4-5 hours, 4 times a day until cleared and then another 3-4 days longer, maybe twice or three times a day.
1. First I mix up a plain pure salt mix, about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon per 6oz clean distilled or purified water a little warmer than room temp, about 80deg F, and set to the side.
2. Then I swish and gargle with 2.5ml Povidone-Iodine mixed with 8.5 to 10ml water or natural mouthwash for 60-120 seconds and spit.
3. Next I'm using a nebulizer (aka essential oil diffuser from Young Living) and I get close to the outlet hole, and breathe long deep slow breaths with a towel over the diffuser and my head for 5 minutes. I do this before and after the sinus irrigation procedures (next) to help better coat and open my sinuses. I fill the diffuser with 2-3oz clean water and add:
2 drops viral essential oil mix like Thieves or On-Guard,
2 drops essential oil mix like Breathe,
1oz pure full strength edible Aloe Vera juice,
6 drops Nascent Iodine,
4 drops white Iodine (has potassium Iodide too, NOT Potassium Chloride).
I then fill remainder of reservoir with water. It holds about 4oz total.
4. Then I sinus irrigate with these:
Mixed saltwater as above into 6oz squirt bottle, or cup, or neti-type pot,
Plus 6 drops Nascent Iodine, Plus 3 drops white Iodine/Potassium Iodide,
Plus 1/2 teaspoon 3% hydrogen peroxide.
5. I blow out and then I use the nebulizer / diffuser again for 5 minutes.
6. Then I paint my cheeks, forehead and temples with a cotton ball and Povidone.
7. Before or after I put a congestion rub like Vick's or any other menthol like rub on my chest, shoulders and neck.
Does this regiment sound okay to do for 10 days or until the infection is gone?
Lastly if my kids (9 to 14, all healthy) or I had an ear infection also, could I use any of these in the ear?