CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Henry Makow had a good piece on this topic yesterday

ohfor07 Views: 623
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,353,770

Re: Henry Makow had a good piece on this topic yesterday

hmmmm, I do not know about current enforcement or trends for such or plans for new trends in Texas by Trump, but I do know that asset forfeiture based on possibly flimsy warrant has been in force in places like Florida since the late 80's early 90's . I know because I was living there when it ( quite liberal & sweeping authority for taking $$ / property from alleged drug dealers) was making news as a new method being used by (collective local/state/federal) law enforcement against mostly/supposedly rampant illegal drug culture operated by Central American kingpins. The rationale floated was orimarily removing the charged/defendant's financial ability to defend themselves, which might be okay if/when they are guilty as charged, but what about wiping out assets of somebody not guilty as charged? GHWBush was presiding over D.C. and while I do not remember for sure I seem to recall a Republican / Martinez and Democratic / Chiles were at the Fla governor's helm during the period in question.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.578 sec, (1)