CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Henry Makow had a good piece on this topic yesterday

ohfor07 Views: 719
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,353,778

Re: Henry Makow had a good piece on this topic yesterday

Regarding the "dynamics" you've cited, I find it easier to agree with your most recent example but not so re: "get Trump to point to 'mexican drug cartels' and suddenly the white conservative male looks the other way..."

For starters, "conservative" versus "liberal" today is not the same and one could easily say reversed from what these meant back in the era when these labels were coined into public discourse. Secondly "looks the other way" generally means - do nothing. I am white, plus or minus whether I meet definition of conservative, when it comes to government pointing at Mexican drug cartels , I look the other way (do nothing) . When government points at Columbian drug cartels, and Negro inner city drug cartels, and white Mafia drug cartels, and any other drug cartel that exists - including the CIA - guess what? I look the other way. Whenever any other "group", voting block, agency and the like, does anything against my beliefs, whether it is exploiting any of the bourgeoning minority causes to receive a particular government handout, or abort a fetus, or infiltrate third world governmnts so as to destabilize, guess what I do?; nothing.

On a good day, on paper, what could I do, really, to have any impact or benefit? Genuinely beneficial dissent has been marginalized a looooong time ago and I gotta be honest; putting on a pink t-shirt or black mask and sledge hammer, waving a ribbon or flag, chanting clever slogans or getting up on a soap box with a gang of like minded "protesters" posing and spasming for TV and Hollywood, is not my idea of genuinely doing something IE. not looking the other way.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.281 sec, (1)