Yes, it sounds very, very likely you were infected. My advice, and I'm no where near as experienced as some people posting here, would be to take the dog back to the vet for a followup check for parasite and tell them what's going on with you. Ask if they can recommend a good doctor to help you, someone who they know is familiar with these types of infections.
If not, go to another doctor and start doing research on the type of parasite that infected the dog. Don't wait around or delay even one day. These types of infections spread quickly and it gets harder and harder to get rid of them the longer you wait.
Listen to the folks here who can advise you on what medicines to take and you can start treating yourself if you feel comfortable doing that. At the very least start doing distilled water and salt enemas and/or or coffee enemas every day to cleanse as many as you can. You need to clean your environment and your body and kill the parasites.