I understand your frustration. After I passed a four inch worm I went to the ER in a panic with the worm in a plastic container per instructions from a nurse I talked to from my health insurance company nurse line. The noticeably unnerved doctor sent the creature to the lab and four weeks later the results came back that I had a microscopic parasite thats considered harmless. WTF? I thought. I read another person had a similar experience and er doctor sent the creature to a parasitoloist, not a lab. Maybe the lab workers are typically only trained to do one type of test and faced with an actual creature they are dumbfounded.
Ill try and post a picture of the creature I took that was identified as microscopic.