CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: biting, crawling all over skin (no itch)

bettieblue Views: 653
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,363,770

Re: biting, crawling all over skin (no itch)

I suffer intestinal parasites and have had a terrible rash for over four years. I've been treated for skin mites several times and it does seem to help but I haven't been able to rid myself yet. As for the sensations on your skin, I can share a few things that have been helpful. I don't know a lot about your specific condition, such as whether you have sores or a rash and what treatments or remedies you've tried. Thus said, I am aware there are certain autoimmune illnesses known to affect the nerve endings in your skin and create all kinds of crazy sensations, some reportedly feel like bugs are crawling on your skin I'm told.
Id keep an open mind and seek out medical care if that is even a remote possibility.
Otherwise, here are a few things I've tried. I rotate between these things as parasites adapt quickly to any treatment and most will become less effective over time.
Note: some people recommend soaking in the bath tub. Personally, I wasted a lot of time trying this and found it didn't help at all. In fact, I suspect it might have allowed the mites to travel to other parts of my body.
lice shampoo: I've taken various lice shampoos and lathered up my entire body and let the soap sit on my skin for 20-30 minutes. It does seem to knock the numbers back a bit.
liquid ivermectin meant for sheep or pigs bought via amazon: this is fairly expensive so I use it for the worst-affected areas and for my face, which has been problematic. You have to purchase a large syringe to get the liquid out of the bottle. But, this isn't to inject the medicine. Rather just draw a small amount from the bottle, put on your skin and let it soak in. Leave it overnight or longer.
nair hair remover: be aware that you need to be very careful because cream hair remover can really aggravate your skin and cause it to itch very badly. I'd experiment with a small area to find out how your skin will react. It works, but it's very tricky.
medicated dandruff shampoo: similar to lice shampoo, lather up, cover your skin and allow to sit for 20 to 30 minutes
dog flea treatment shampoo with permethrin: mites quickly become resistant to this so only use this treatment now and then. I can be one of your most effective tools.
diatenaceous (sp?) earth: I recommend taking a cold shower and washing your entire body with this every night.
Here are few other tips:
Avoid sugar: many parasites seem to thrive on Sugar and I've noticed my skin will completely freak out if I have a lot of sugar. I can tolerate a small amount but its best to avoid all Sugar if possible.
Try to spend some outside with your skin uncovered and see if direct sunlight helps.
Anyway, hang in there! You can beat this!
Bettie~

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.750 sec, (2)