1. Obtain a clean, empty 250 mL glass amber boston round bottle and black cap.
(wash everything with hot soapy water & rinse with small amounts of distilled water)
2. Carefully measure exactly 200 mL tap water into the bottle.
3. Level bottle, then mark water level with permanent marker & cover mark with clear tape.
4. Empty & rinse bottle with a small amount of distilled water.
5. Add about 150 mL distilled water to the empty bottle.
6. Weigh & add 20.00 grams of potassium iodide.
7. Cap bottle & rotate/shake until dissolved.
8. Weigh then add 10.00 grams of elemental Iodine.
9. Cap bottle & rotate/shake to start dissolving the Iodine.
10. Let it set 2-3 days, rotating (etc) occasional until all is dissolved (I use a flashlight).
11. After all is dissolved, carefully add distilled water exactly to the 200 mL mark from steps 2-3.
12. Label your bottle with the above weights, volumes, whether 5% etc.
The above recipe will give 6.323 mg I per .05 mL (using .7645 I from KI)
I also calibrate my droppers and write the REAL volume & weight / drop on my bottle labels along with the weights / .05 mL etc.
NOTE: Drop size will probably change after exposure to magnets, if you use them.
Forum Comments, Tips and Tricks:
Trapper: ďgood procedures. you dont have to wait for days, though. put theKI in and just enough water to dissolve that - using your numbers under 50ml. IOW, close to SSKI . tossin the elemental iodine. it will dissolve instantly. fill to the 200 mark and enjoy immediately.ď