1) took 15 miligrams of zinc citrate, a little over 100% recommended daily allowance for year and a half and got terrifying panic attacks, and im pretty sure copper deficiency. feel nothing from sex, beer and dont get runner's high from jogging for 7 years.
2) took copper for a month and a half and anhedonia stopped for a few days
3) took about 5 miligrams of zinc, about 50% rda to prevent a deficiency and anhedonia happened again immediately
4) cut down on zinc
5) 6 months later took 1 miligram of copper supplement 5 days a week, since i thought there would be less metallothionein in my stomach limiting how much copper i absorbed and it got worse.
6) read that copper competes with iron so i had a little extra in the form of a protein shake that has 40% rda of iron. still have anhedonia... i dont think i have permanent damage because it went away briefly, i do know this has been a nightmare and the worst mistake of my life, all because i wanted to get bigger muscles lifting weights. solgar put a warning on your zinc supplements