had one on the right side of my right calf 2006. went to grocery store and bought dry ice, took pliers and held a chunk of it and held it against calf, like, a lonnnnng time, burned a little before it went totally numb and totally froze / damaged the tissue. Took a month to heal. Still have a quarter-sized scar there but the sht never came back. Water expands on freezing like they taught me in 4th grade about sidewalk cracks etc. so I figure I freeze the spot and all the water in the bad cells and some good ones also freezes and expands. Not saying this is what anybody else should try. A blowtorch could work just as well but I had more control with the chunk of dry ice and I don't particularly care for heat or the smell of burning flesh unless its chicken on the barbie.