CureZone   Log On   Join
What is the best grain for making fresh sprouted wheat bread with my Champion juicer?

surfsteve Views: 328
Published: 4 years ago

What is the best grain for making fresh sprouted wheat bread with my Champion juicer?

Been making sprouted rye bread by sprouting the rye, grinding it with my champion juicer, shaping it Into loaves and baking it on my oven's lowest setting. The bread tastes great but the rye is so tough that it's going to break my juicer (again).

Would sprouted red winter wheat be easier to grind? Is there any difference in grinding hard or soft wheat once it's sprouted?

I used to have a lawn service and I KNOW RYEGRASS IS SO MUCH HARDER ON THE LAWN MOWER THAN REGULAR GRASS SO I'M THINKING MAYBE IT'S THE SAME WAY WITH GRINDING SPROUTED RYE VS SPROUTED WHEAT UP WITH MY CHAMPION. Does anyone know if this is true and which sprouted grain is the easiest to grind without drying or if there's an easier way to grind it? I know some people sprout the grain, then dry it and then use it for baking but I'm accustomed to sprouting it and grinding the sprouts fresh with my Champion juicer. I'm just afraid I'm going to break it and trying not to have to invest in a bunch of expensive equipment. I've tried chopping them up in the food processor and that almost works except I have to add too much water, comes out courser and it takes forever to bake.

Any suggestions?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.531 sec, (1)