CureZone   Log On   Join
Vitamin A Deficiency Follow-Up

longterm Views: 544
Published: 30 months ago

Vitamin A Deficiency Follow-Up

Awhile back, I wrote a post about how vitamin A was the only vitamin showing that I wasn't absorbing in specialized blood test although standard blood tests show normal levels in my blood. I have taken a few DNA tests, but there's one I came across showing that I have 100% chance of having low levels of vitamin A. Because people with Acne usally taken Accutance due to low levels of retinol (vitamin A), I'm readdressing the low vitamin A finding.

Let's say many of us have low vitamin A (in the case of accutane users...the fake chemical form of vitamin A may have built up in tissues and too much vitamin A causes same symptoms as too little vitamin A in body). How can this be fixed to either absorb more vitamin A or get rid of too much vitamin A in tissues? I really thought my vitamin A deficiency was caused by intestinal absorption problem, but now it seems like it's genetic.

chr18 29187279 rs1667255 (my gene AA= lower blood serum)

*I just saw a few more DNA results. My Beta-Carotene DNA show normal, but the levels also show low for Calcium, Phosphorus, B12, and Vitamin E. Maybe because I can absorb Beta-Carotene normally, maybe it will convert it to vitaman A? Has anyone here tried Beta-Carotene supplements which are safer to take than vitamin A supplements? Also, my blood levels of vitamin B have usually been high, but it's possibly that it's not being abosrbed so it's higher in my blood...not sure about that. If vitamin B is taken, it should be COENZYME B Complex instead of regular B complex.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.961 sec, (1)