What's the reasoning behind taking 300 mg Lugol's iodine versus 100 mg? I read that 100 mg is the bare minimum, but that some take 300 mg. Will 100 mg be sufficient or should I consider 300 mg? If taking 300 mg, do I need more L-selenomethionine (600 mcg rather than 200 mcg, for example) or ATP cofactors (6 servings of 100 mg riboflavin + 500 mg inositol hexaniacinate rather than 2)? What about vitamin C?
I've restarted the protocol and it's now been 3-4 weeks. I haven't experienced any increased energy, healing, or anything else. I also find it difficult to sleep, though that seems more related to low/high cortisol than iodine. Stools aren't pale/grey, but they are yellow'ish rather than dark brown.
This is the second time I've tried the protocol and not experienced any positives. Any ideas why?
Stack (all taken 2x/day):
- 50 mg Lugol's iodine (1 hour before eating)
- 200 mcg L-selenomethionine
- 200 mg chelated/TRAACS magnesium
- ATP cofactors (100 mg riboflavin + 500 mg inositol hexaniacinate)
- 2g sustained-release vitamin C
- 15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
- 30,000 IU (thirty thousand) vitamin D3
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 Life Extension Two-per-day capsule