After reading extensively on ketoconazole it appears that most of the toxicity concerns are exaggerated, easily avoidable interactions or cases by severe preexisting liver dysfunction. It seems testing and studies up to 1200mg a day were conducted for over a year and in most cases the worst side effect were nausea and vomiting at higher doses.
Since I am about to do a 400mg 28 day course for a systemic fungal infection I am wondering what I can do to minimize any liver toxicity. I suppose sylmarin, NAC and avoiding alcohol are top. Anything else I could consider to protect against any possible liver toxicity?