CureZone   Log On   Join
Pan Fish

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
MH 108 8 Views: 94
Published: 5 months ago

Pan Fish

Where I live pan fish hibernate basically 1/2 the year...the most common one being called a blue gill. Blue gills have been endlessly modified / hybridized over the years..

The other local pan fish eat smaller fish---so they are difficult to raise in a tank and you never see them sold in stores.

The blue gills eat smaller fish/bugs, etc. but easily train to eating fish food flakes/pellets.

Blue gills with large mouths are the easier of the breed. The small mouth bluegills can not eat the food easily, due to a tiny mouth when they are small fish.

These large mouth blue gills are "interesting" because they grow much faster than the normal wild bluegill that can take years to obtain full size...

these large mouth bluegills also have babies like crazy-----------I think millions. They can have babies when they are not even 1/4th grown....literally babies having babies......and they all eat eat other when they are tiny---------for many fish, they may have 20,000+ babies, some up to 1 million per year and maybe a few live to adult size--such is life for a fish.

So eating fish that you saved from being eaten---is not something to worry about----because if you saved them all, you would be out of water/land after a few years.

These bluegills grow based on how much they eat-------you can have full grown bluegills in the same tank that you have bluegills no larger than a quarter.......just because 1 ate more than the other.........

IF you had a tank that was sectioned so the littler ones could avoid the larger ones, then they probably would grow equally, because once they are the size of a silver dollar, they become aggressive eaters.

House wise---I live in 67 degrees year around.

I work in 60 degree temp during winter and not much warmer in the summer.

I put some of these bluegills in my work area at 60 degrees all winter and they are fine with that temp, because they are cool water fish naturally........making them extremely easy to raise through the winter months when the ponds are froze over.

In some parts of the world, they would eat these blue gills whole at 1/2 grown.....full grown they are the size of a large hand. This breed can weigh a pound, but in southern states they can grow to 3+ pounds.

These bluegills can live in crowded water---again making them easy.......the aggressive predator fish will kill each other when put in tanks.

The bluegills are small, but grow so fast----much faster than the normal wild bluegills and I have never seen a fish have babies all summer at such a young age.....

They are easily trained to food, they enjoy seeing you through the fish tank, etc..

To me, they look like the best raisable fish for the time and $$$

THE GOOD THING

Pan Fish, especially the blue gills, are some of the best tasting fresh water fish......eating in cool 60 degree water makes them "specially" for winter raising.

In the world as it is today-----people that can not feed them selves------are not in a good position.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.828 sec, (2)