CureZone   Log On   Join
Making Essential Oils

MH 108 8 Views: 41
Published: 64 days ago

Making Essential Oils

Making home made essential oils is strictly an expensive "hobby" in America. Small scale few ounces at a time is very expensive and time consuming.

2 years ago my son picked up a few peppermint plants and they have to be a variety that is designed for essential oil making, because they possess so much oil that they make a too potent tea and they "spread" faster than weeds. A few plants in just 2 years has consumed 400 square feet and if I wanted to, I think those plants could plant an entire field. I have never seen a mint this "hardy" .........most mints die off after a few years. This mint you can cut it to the ground an a month later it is ready t cut again.

Years ago I purchased a really cool machine to grind apples and a machine to press the apple juice out using water hose pressure. These machines are made in Italy. While searching the web for some type of home essential oil machine that seems "possible" and practical, I found one made in Itally and they say they have a distributor in the USA---if so and it works out, my new hobby for the summer of 2021 is to try to make Peppermint Oil. Not that I need any, I already have many gallons of it for sale.

The Amish have always called peppermint oil PO PO OIL. Peppermint oil is probably one of the most recognized oils and surely the easiest of all mint family plants to raise. I have small creek on my property that is loaded with WILD PEPPERMINT Plants, they grow direct in the water and several feet tall. They too are very hardy plants, but they only grow in very slow running water. I am sure all plants that have a "smell" probably could make a little essential oils. The amount of time and labor and heat expense, surely is why no one does it. The commercial farms with cheap labor and giant machines is the only practical method.

MH

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)