CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Does yeast have a garlic smell?

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
TC-12 Views: 2,160
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 283,096

Re: Does yeast have a garlic smell?

I don't know of any connection between candida and garlic odor (garlic contains substantial sulfur compounds, the source of its odor). Some candida folks have a beer or smoky odor since yeast can turn Sugar into alcohol in their bodies very rapidly, but this is not a sulfur odor. Possibly high-sulfur foods (eggs, onions, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussels sprouts, to name a few) could cause Body Odor issues, although I've never heard of this. I pasted the following off a post I made on another forum:

SODIUM SELENITE
Many vitamin supplements such as Centrum include sodium selenite as a source of the mineral selenium. Per Prevention Magazine, sodium selenite can cause a "garlicky" skin odor at higher doses. Per the magazine, the lower doses of around 25 mcg shouldn't be a problem, but I've noticed that some formulas contain several times this amount. Vitamin C can also hinder absorption of selenium within sodium selenite. Selenomethionine and selenium yeast are the preferred forms.

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

I don't know of any connection between candida and garlic odor (garlic contains substantial sulfur compounds, the source of its odor). Some candida folks have a beer or smoky odor since yeast can turn Sugar into alcohol in their bodies very rapidly, but this is not a sulfur odor. Possibly high-sulfur foods (garlic, eggs, onions, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussels sprouts, to name a few) could cause Body Odor issues, although I've never heard of this. I pasted the following off a post I made on another forum:

SODIUM SELENITE
Many vitamin supplements such as Centrum include sodium selenite as a source of the mineral selenium. Per Prevention Magazine, sodium selenite can cause a "garlicky" skin odor at higher doses. Per the magazine, the lower doses of around 25 mcg shouldn't be a problem, but I've noticed that some formulas contain several times this amount. Vitamin C can also hinder absorption of selenium within sodium selenite. Selenomethionine and selenium yeast are the preferred forms.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

3.141 sec, (1)