CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: die-off question follow-up

loveathome24 Views: 5,546
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 305,459

Re: die-off question follow-up

I have studied alot about Nystatin and I believe that it is harmless. It passes through the gut and is not absorbed into the bloodstream. Doctors had 4 of my kids practically from birth on Nystatin for a year, and they never had any side effects. It is precisely because it is not absorbed systemically that they won't prescribe it for vaginal yeast infections. Also I had one experience where I went on ketoconazole for 30 days straight, combined with a strict diet of vegetables and meat. For the first few days, the vaginal itching seemed to get better, but by the end of the course it was much worse. The doctor diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis (overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina.) If you can't seem to get the itching under control, and the antifungals don't seem to be working it makes sense to have them look at it. Vaginal infections usually have a possibility of 3 different diagnosis: trichomoniasis (a protozoan I believe), yeast, and bacterial vaginosis. They are treated differently. If you have a good gynecologist, they should do a vaginal smear, and have it examined by a lab. Not just do a physical exam and say "I think it's yeast".

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.844 sec, (1)