I agree with Nicole. I think mercury fillings are unhealthy for kids but I know I was oblivious to health as a child. Running around so fast I didn't really feel it even when I was sick. I also know in hindsight I got health effects from the mercury when I was younger than 10 -- that's when I started getting fungal rashes from candida, not enough to bother but enough that something was wrong. And allergies. And I caught colds a lot etc. Now that my candida's more under control, rashes are almost gone, no allergies anymore, and I haven't had a cold in years. All that... starting when I got amalgams. Compounded by poor nutrition too, honestly, it wasn't all the amalgams.
Maybe so many people have Amalgams now that we don't really know what mercury-free health looks like? I used to think I was so healthy, now I'd never want to be that sick again.