CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: BHT has practically stopped me from breakouts

Views: 23,267
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 372,058

Re: BHT has practically stopped me from breakouts

Hi,

Thanks for your concern and for posting the articles. I believe it's important to look at as much information as you can find (both pro and con) so that you can make the best educated choice.

Yes, I read the studies you cited before I made the decision to try the antioxidant. 2 grams of BHT IS a lot. The recommended therapeutic dose is about 250/350 mg per day with 1 gram as being the top limit (not to be exceeded).

From what I read, the animals were brought up to "lethal" doses (the equivalent of a person consuming 1/2 a cup of BHT. I also read that some of the studies were flawed in that their food supply contained a known carcinogen.

Considering the frequency of the breakouts I was having (sometimes two or more at a time - every other week) and not knowing what the true "trigger" was, I really am living proof that something has been altered from inside. I attribute it to the BHT because no other factors have changed. I have also gone back to eating my regular diet with not ill effects. I have not had a major breakout now in almost 4 weeks - which, for me, is like a miracle.

I've been taking a 250 mg. capsule with every meal to saturate my body. With just two capsules, one with breakfast and one with dinner, I had stopped breaking out, too.

The first article mentioned "prolonged administration of large doses" (a large dose being 2 grams). I think this WOULD be a very high dose. Also, anything taken in a large enough dose over time could also be lethal. Even things that we think of as being "non-toxic".

In the second study, they used 15% BHT in mineral oil. This might not have been strong enough. I had a small spot on my torso appear early on. I dabbed it with olive oil and then used powdered BHT. (The concentration of BHT in the oil was possibly 50% or higher. Within a few hours, the red bump disappeared. I can only tell you my experience with it. I'm glad they also mentioned that "There was no clinical or laboratory evidence of toxicity."

As I recall, Steven Fowkes, co-author of "Kill Herpes with BHT" did say that a small percentage of people call him to say that the BHT hasn't worked for them. He recommends using the BHT in combination with St. John's wort. The combination seems to strengthen its ability to disable the virus.

Were you thinking about trying it?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

3.516 sec, (2)