CureZone   Log On   Join
A genetic, biological, vitamin problem with us Self Induced exfoliative cheilitis suffererrs?

Wee_Man_Chan_from_Japan Views: 2,132
Published: 18 years ago

A genetic, biological, vitamin problem with us Self Induced exfoliative cheilitis suffererrs?

As the title suggest i think there may be a genetic or biological problem with us. My cheilitis was self induced by licking and picking, an OCD problem as I have bad OCD. I have been to many OCD forums and talk to many people. I have know people who have picked and poked at their lips till they bleed for ten years and not just their lips but theire face and hair, yet the majority of these people heal within a week.

Also chronic lip licking is a very comon problem. Usually causing cheilitis# (not exfoliative) and is easily treatable yet a few develope our condition.?

Could there be a problem with our makeup? immune system?

The parts of my lips with i didnt bite or lick are fine...infact they look great. Why just the area? Why doesnt it spread like other skin diseases? Or flare up flare down.

I could only go for surgery like dfad as last resort maybe if i still have it when i am 40 ( i am 22 now) becuase I am worried if it comes back again.

I am starting to lead towards that our problem could also be a chemical/ vitamin one. Here is why. Accutane users develop a similar problem to us. Majority with the exaxt same syptoms, same areas...some even worse where the wholoe and outer lip is affected. Accutane is a form of strong vitamin A it effects the liver. Could we have a vitamin problme or a liver problem? 17163 cooments intrigueged me. At first I thought she had something else, excima or something but then she mentioned her problems started after usuing an abrasive wash- self induced like us lickers and pickers. Yet she healed with nutrition. Maybe she is on to something i dont know.

The fact that I know people who picked and bitten their llips, my dad included f**king heal quick. Wtf is wrong with us.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.281 sec, (1)