CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Do Not Confront Your Uncle

Views: 1,719
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 378,427

Re: Do Not Confront Your Uncle

I think that your message to this person is very harsh. Anyone that is raped is a 'victim' and I cannot imagine anyone being flattered by the attention of a 'rapist'.

There stands the possiblity that the aunt 'does not know' even though there is enough evidence out there that a spouse generally does know - ( perhaps not the full details, but knows something). All abusers ( whenever possible - at some point need to be confronted - however it is not mandatory in order for the victim to survive. Some woman do know that their husband etc is doing something terribly wrong - but we cannot sit here and throw out accusations and presume to say that ' the aunt 'probably knows' because we really don't know if she does or not. This situation is a matter for the POLICE - I do not know the age of this person, but I would think young based on what she said - there are many people she can talk to. A school counselor - a minister, a trusted teacher, a police officer, someone from social services. This situation calls for 'IMMEDIATE ATTENTION' .. let's not think of the aunt's possbile low self esteem, let's think of what the VICTIM is feeling. Talking with someone will help - and as hard as it may be to talk - in time you become stronger - wiser - and my message to this person is that RAPE IS NEVER EVER THEIR FAULT....

This person sounds young, and right now needs to think about what she is feeling inside... growing up will come in time - her first and only priority is to herself and her safty and welfare - she needs to report this - but I clearly do not advocate that she confront the uncle by herself, in fact I would advocate that she keep a distance from him. I would speak to the aunt, but first I would speak with someone outside the home, someone who can be objective - someone that can be trusted - someone who will know precisely what to do. I strongly suggest she NOT be around the uncle, and certainly not when she is alone at home with him. This person needs to know that 'flattery' has nothing to do with this. Your uncle is the adult. His walking around naked in front of you is wrong!! There is NO EXCUSE for his sick actions. He very well may be a socipath -I HOPE SHE WILL PLEASE THINK ABOUT GOING TO THE POLICE - THAT TELLING IS OK - IN FACT TELLING IS GOOD! THE SOONER SHE TELLS, THE SOONER SHE WILL NOT FEEL SO ALONE IN ALL OF THIS.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

4.156 sec, (2)