CureZone   Log On   Join
Gallbladder Surgery

canadiangirl Views: 1,540
Published: 16 years ago

Gallbladder Surgery

Hi all I am new here. I just wanted to tell you all I had my GB taken out on January 10th, 2005. It went by really, fast that I thought the DR didn't do anything at all lol. It took an hour, the DR and his staff were excellent. When I was 16 I had a really bad attack, and went to the ER, they did a ultrasound and found no stones, so they diagnosed it as food poisoning and gave me meds. Well 5 years went by with no pain, until last year. I had a bad attack in November 2004, and was hospitalized for a week. My pancreas level was high, and they did a new ultrasound and I had gallstones. So they booked me for surgery. Every little thing I ate. I would have to puke, I'd get so nervous I'd make myself sicker. I couldn't stand up straight I had to crawl or be crunched down it was horrible. The past three days I have just been having bad diahrea, and a bit of nausea, but the pain from the surgery is not that bad. I am taking Codeine for the pain, Gravol for the nausea and docusate sodium as a stool softener. I feel a bit better now. I have a co-worker of mine who took hers out at 17 and now she is 40 and is doing great and hasn't had attacks at all. I thought I was young at 22 to take mine out. Well let's hope everything goes fine for me! I am scheduled for a follow-up on the 28th, so hopefully it'll all be alright!! For those of you that are having surgery, goodluck. And those that have had it hope you get well!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)