CureZone   Log On   Join
Abscess-Methods of treatment besides extraction, extraction and bridge, or root canal and new crown?

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

More
jkc054 Views: 12,160
Published: 16 years ago

Abscess-Methods of treatment besides extraction, extraction and bridge, or root canal and new crown?

My wife was experiencing pain in a crowned tooth so she went to a dentist who took an X-ray of the tooth. He told her the tooth was a little loose and the X-ray showed a shadow around the root area of that tooth. He believes she has an abscess and suggested three options: 1) Extract the tooth, 2)Extract the tooth and replace with a bridge, 3)Remove the crown, perform a root canal, replace the crown. She is currently taking pain medication and an antibiotic. She is 54 years old and a smoker.

Assuming his diagnosis is accurate, are there other alternatives such as a way to cure the abscess and avoid having to choose one of the above treatment regimens? Can someone provide me with a phone number of a dentist or expert in this field who I can call regarding this?
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

My wife was experiencing pain in a crowned tooth so she went to a dentist who took an X-ray of the tooth. He told her the tooth was a little loose and the X-ray showed a shadow around the root area of that tooth. He believes she has an abscess and suggested three options: 1) Extraction, 2)Extract the tooth and replace with a bridge, 3)Remove the crown, perform a root canal, replace the crown. She is currently taking pain medication and an antibiotic. She is 54 years old and a smoker.

Assuming his diagnosis is accurate, are there other alternatives such as a way to cure the abscess and avoid having to choose one of the above treatment regimens? Can someone provide me with a phone number of a dentist or expert in this field who I can call regarding this?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.203 sec, (1)