CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: yoked to a nonbeliever

alikat Views: 883
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 401,132

Re: yoked to a nonbeliever

There is no positive way to explain separation and divorce to a young child that will offer comfort or a good christian example, unless of course you are trying to get away from a situation of violence or abuse. I'm not preaching at you, I have been, and indeed am, in the same position.
I agree with klyd that if there is something you can do patch the situation up, you should.
Also as klyd said, you are not giving us sufficient information for us to give you truly Godly council, so we need to answer based on just general gidelines. The Scriptures do not tell us to leave an unbeliever for not sharing our faith. Rather we are to be a good example by our holy living, and pray that by our silence and right living their heart would be softened to the gospel. Also, we are not to leave the unbelieving spouse, but if they take the initiative, then we can be at peace.
In the meantime, you can be the best parent you can be to your child, teach them about God and the scriptures just as you would if you were at home. Unfortunately, going through this myself I can tell you that all we can do is pray a lot for our children, ask God to forgive us of our iniquities and pray that they would receive the wisdom from God not to excersice the same lack of judgement in their future.
Protecting them in prayer constantly and fervently with total honesty before God is the only way I know how.
May the Lord show you His perfect plan for your life and your family's.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)