CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The new girl

happy_girl Views: 923
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 401,870

Re: The new girl

I do attend a great church, and he does come on occasion. But, I think he has seen way too many hypocrites in his life and feels like being a Christian means being someone he wouldn't like. I am following 1 Peter 3:

1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

I keep this in mind whenever I deal with him, and pray before talking to him about anything important. Things are going well, and I am glad to have more friends to encourage me on my "rough road" ahead...another bonus here...my husband's lack of faith is my best reason and incentive for builing a stronger, closer relationship with God, it's never been better. Funny how that works....everything works for good...

I am also reading/praying the book "The Power of a Praying Wife"...great book to get ideas on things to pray about. There's good stuff in there I would never have thought to pray about, and it is encouraging also.

Thanks for your message...and pray that God's will be done in my husband's life. AMEN!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

6.268 sec, (1)