CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Pope has passed away 9:37 Rome/N/m

Boldyloxx Views: 630
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 403,677

Re: Pope has passed away 9:37 Rome/N/m

We truly had a saint in Pope John Paul II.

I am not Catholic-- I go to a non-denominational Christian church that would be considered a "Holy Roller" Baptist Pentecostal church .

When I was a child, my pastor always spoke highly of Pope John Paul II, and he taught me that God has blessed all the denominations- He also taught me that the Catholic denomination is the example to mankind of the Kingdom of God on Earth and showed us all the ways God has used the Catholic church for His Will on Earth- and the spiritual influence of Pope John Paul to keep Communism from filtering in everywhere.

I am very saddened beyond words that we lost a great Shepherd today.
Pope John Paul suffered greatly all his life-- losing his family a little at a time- suffering through the German Holacaust, then suffering through Polish Communism.

His sufferings were used by God to perfect him and gave him the spiritual character that made him such a wonderful shepherd for God's children. He upheld spiritual values, and never wavered.

Many people would criticize him -- wondering when he would finally step down. But he knew his calling was appointed by God and that it was a Calling that demanded his entire being and life. He proved that during his last days by dragging himself up to that window and reached out to the people below- giving them encouragement - smiling to them and attempting to speak some words through a throat injured by a tracheotomy.

He was a Peoples Pope-- he was one of the people- what a legacy!

God help us now, and may God provide us another shepherd that will be of His choosing for his flocks. May it not be of man's choosing- but only God's choice for His people. May this new Pope have the same spiritual values and love for Jesus as Pope John Paul, II.

Boldyloxx

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)