CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Let's talk about Jesus, Mr. Steve

Mr. Steve Views: 1,074
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 404,240

Re: Let's talk about Jesus, Mr. Steve

Hey R2R,

The interlinear texts that I place my trust in translate the original text into the language I,we employ. The interpretation of the NIV is offered seperately, and fluidly in our language. When one is attempting to decipher which interpretation most aligns with his/her analysis, the interlinear is an invaluable source.

The debate that you propose, is a debate that directly addresses interpretation. You are asking me to debate a view that I have clearly stated, I have found flaws in.
For example, In the book of Hebrews there is an instance where the people responsible for the NIV view being held, the words "children of God" are employed. Whereas to go back and check the translation, against that interpretation, one can clearly see "the sons of God" to be correct. The sons of God denote an inconsistancy with their foredrawn conclusion. Therefore the "children of God" has been substituted in the interest of harmony.

When one studies a Bible, it is to be understood that there has been an interpretation presented before you. This reality clearly reveals that your thoughts are being guided in a particular direction. If you are requiring of me that I must ignore this reality, then I am very sorry but I cannot continue. However if I may have the priviledge of offering the discrepancies as they arise, for the sake of the debate as well as that of the viewers overlooking, I am willing to continue.

I saw your post pertaining to Hebrews, and now I can't find it. Shall I respond now ?? I await your call. I have been encountering problems with this forum, that I can't explain. Losing posts is incredibly frusrtating. This is my second attempt at responding to this point.
Christian love, Mr. Steve

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.328 sec, (1)