CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hi Eileen, my name is Sara and I am glad to meet you.

Pineapple Views: 1,838
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 404,636

Re: Hi Eileen, my name is Sara and I am glad to meet you.

Hi . . . I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I've read the responses to your words and I hear your heart. Whether this is the correct place to voice opinions such as yours or not, or for me, I don't really know, but, I felt compeled to respond on this topic.

I was raised a Catholic and had such emotional and spiritual damage done to me as a child that when I started to search for answers as an adult, I resisted God at each turn in His pursuit of me. We are talking non-stop pursuit. I was talking to God alot in learning to live without alcohol and to live my life, but the "Christian" thing was not going to happen. Finally, from the never ceasing, constant turmoil of my mind, I cried out to God and said . . . "OK, OK, OK . . . if you want me to become a Christian, then you're going to have to find me a church that I can relate to cause there's nothing out there that can I relate to!" And God did. Within the week I had been invited to a church that eliminates the trappings of "church" (ie. pews, dress code, language, music, etc.)and delivered services for "seekers" of Christianity and spoke from their heart about who God is, who Jesus is, and what the Bible says, in a language that a hurting, seeking heart needs to hear. All without apoligizing for their faith or beliefs and without "watering" anything down . . . they just spoke in a language I could understand and they spoke it in love.

I'm probably missing out alot of what I wanted to say. I support people who question and doubt and who are allowed to grow into their faith rather than adopting the status quo just because it is what surrounds them or is expected of them. I was baptized several years ago, and my life got torn down and is in the process of being rebuilt . . . I've been quite damaged and it has taken a long time, but I want to know the God of love, not the God of damnation and fire.

God met me where I was . . . and continues to grow me into a mature Christ follower.

Well, I've spoke my heart for now.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.578 sec, (1)