CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: To Trapper

Views: 1,652
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 406,099

Re: To Trapper

"i simply do not think he has an organized religion. all organized religions are man made institutions."

So why did Jesus trained his disciples, told them to start churches, said that we are all of the same body?

I think some people are afraid to conform to something organized for the fear of loosing control or becoming insignificant. They stay on the fringe and become a Christian Lone Ranger. They tend to criticize anything 'organized' and treat it like a plaque. And it's true, many churches are 'sterilized and dead' and just run on traditions, laws, etc. But we can't shove everything into the same category. There are so many Christians who are real salt of the Earth, light in the darkness.

I've been talking to many unbelievers, they feel that way about Christianity (religious part). Somehow they perceive us as some judgemental, elitist, dumb group of people who is being controlled by lies and doctrines.
It is a very narrow way to look at things. When you are Christian, the important thing is the relationship with the Creator. If that's in check, the rest will follow.
I personally don't like when churches become too institutionalized, sometimes it is unavoidable if there are large number of members, they need more order. (I am not talking about Chatholic type of churches).
But, wouldn't you think that body of Christ can be more effective when they work in larger numbers. The church I am attending is functioning on many fronts; they go on missions to mexico, they help local poor community, organize food drives for homeless, etc.
When Christ is the center in a Church, believe me, it shows.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.047 sec, (1)