CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Gettin' Ready.

loveathome24 Views: 1,487
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 418,618

Re: Gettin' Ready.

I purchased "Conquering Yeast Infections - The Non-Drug Solution" a few weeks ago from the whole approach.com website. I think it is one of the best candida books I have ever read. Some of the things that I think set it apart from the rest are: 1.Utilization of P&B shakes. (I believe this is the key to recovering from candida, because the P&B shakes clean out the colon, minumize die off re-actions, and help create an environment where a healthy intestinal flora can be re-established. 2. Exact limit on carbs. (More than one of the candida books I have do not limit carbs. For me this was the key to getting rid of the candida. All carbs feed the candida to one extent or the other. So I believe whether your eating large amounts of bread or brown rice, you are not going to get the desired results if you don't limit your carbohydrate intake.) 3. Rotation of antifungals, so the yeast doesn't become resistant.

You are supposed to take the P&B shakes for the first 6 months of the program. The exact recipe she recommends is: 8 oz. room temperature water, 1-2 tablespoon bentonite, 1/2 teaspoon Caproyl, 1-2 capsules probiotics (emptied into the mixture). Put this mixture in a container with a lid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. You are supposed to increase the dose of Caproyl by 1/2 teaspoon each week until you get up to 2 teaspoons. You're supposed to take this mixture twice a day, for a total of 3 months. Than you use the Grapefruit-Seed-Extract instead of Caproyl in the P&B shakes for the next 3 months. After this she says that some individuals will need to remain on the P&B shakes for another 4 months, in addition to the antifungals for those phases. If this is the case she suggests using Caproyl every third week for 5 days for the following 4 months. If you havn't already purchased this book, I highly recommend it, it was the best $10 I spent on candida treatment. The complete protocol supposed to take 15 months. She claims a 97% success rate. After reading her book, I do not doubt her claims.

I would also be careful about taking to much xylitol. It is a naturally occuring substance, but it still has about half the carbohydrates of sugar. I am currently using Grapefruit-Seed-Extract in my Bentonite shakes. I put 20 drops in each one, and this seems to be working well for me.

I also thought I could recover from candida within 30 days. I went on a raw-food diet and intestinal cleanse for 30 days. As soon as I was finished, I tried eating my "regular" diet. The symptoms quickly returned. At this point I decided to try the anti-fungal drugs along with a carb restricted diet for another 30 days. (Big mistake.) I used the drug called ketoconazole, which is very toxic to the liver. I was on this drug for 30 days. I realize now that I made many mistakes while on this regimen. I ate lots of meat which was hard for my body to digest. I didn't supplement with HCL acid or enzymes. I didn't take any probiotics. I believe this treatment was far inferior to the P&B shakes for several reasons. First of all I feel that the ketoconzole killed off lots of my normal intestinal flora as well as the yeast. My BM's radically changed while on these drugs, and I was never "normal" again. It didn't clean out my colon, or re-establish a normal bowel flora. Of course as soon as I went off the drugs and started eating my "usual" diet the yeast just came back worse than ever.

Good luck with beginning your treatment.

Ann

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.296 sec, (2)