CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Concerns about muscle loss during fast

Views: 856
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 458,596

Re: Concerns about muscle loss during fast

I hope you're not using steriods to help build muscle. They cause all sorts of problems with bloating, skin, etc. They also cause havoc with the liver and reproductive organs.

For people with active metabolisms, water and lemonade fasting are difficult. I find that veggie juice fasting better supports the body, offering a variety of nutrients on a calorie restricted regime. It is much easier to go on an extended juice fast and continue an active lifestyle, including excercising and working.

I add ground flax seed to my veggie juices to aid absorbtion of the fat soluble nutrients in green veggies (beta carotene, vitamin K, etc.). Flax also adds a touch of protein, fiber and good fats, so the digestion is not completely stopped.

Stopping the digestion may be necessary for severly ill patients, but for most of us, cleaning up our act, reducing calories and improving nutritional profile will make a huge difference in organ function, skin quality and body balance.

Take care,

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.824 sec, (1)