CureZone   Log On   Join
Moderation!

Views: 4,062
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 459,511

Moderation!

ReikiGal,

It sounds like you have a basically healthy Diet and reasonably sound function, but you are concerned about something that was found in a medical test. There is discomfort that you associate with this. I wonder if you could listen to your body more to help it lead you to recovery?

Feel the pain, the type of pain, any patterns in the pain, when you feel it and what may trigger it. Don't assume your pain is triggered by something you see on a medical image or read on a web site. It is specific to you and your life. Keep a journal, logging the day's activity, diet, pain levels, and how you were feeling.

You don't mention excercise. Our organs like us to move. Yoga twists and inversions are one form of movement that act powerfully on abdominal organs. There are others as well. The key is in consistent movement.

One of the overlooked elements is the critical importance of eating essential fatty acids. If we don't eat enough fat, our liver stops producing bile. The bile production actually is cleansing to the liver, as it washes metabolic wastes from the liver into the gallbladder and when we eat fats, the gallbladder dumps the bile into the intestines, where it digests the fats. Then, the soluble fiber soaks up the toxins and cholesterol and moves it out of the body. A miraculous system that needs consistent and balanced support.

Finally, psyllium is not a whole food. It is fractionated fiber component only. A superior form of fiber is found in whole apples, ground flax or soaked chia seeds. There the soluble fiber and insoluble fiber are in appropriate proportion, along with nutrients.

If you're not familiar with chia, put 1/4 cup of chia seeds in a pint jar of water and let them soak overnight in the fridge. I drink a cup of chia gel with my fruit breakfast in the morning and another cup before my dinner salad. It is a terrific source of protein as well as offering fiber and good fatty acids.

As a whole food, both chia and flax offer everything the body needs to promote bile production as well as provide for elimination of toxic metabolic wastes. It is also soothing on the digestive tract and a wonderful form of non-flesh protein.

Bottom line, don't go overboard with the cleansing. By overstimulating the bowels, you can create a problem that you didn't have to start with. Make sure you have a balance of nutrient types, excercise and rest. Be mindful in listening to your body, so you can pick up clues from your body about how to improve your health.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.922 sec, (2)