CureZone   Log On   Join
Body, Mind, Spirit

ReikiGal Views: 3,813
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 459,512

Body, Mind, Spirit

Thank you for your thoughtful input. I have read hundreds of posts on these boards while gathering information & experiential data. Only a few so far seem to "connect" the whole "body" with the cleansing regimen. In kind, unfortunately, I followed suit.

I am a Reiki Master [energy worker, facilitator. I am very much aware of the connection the bowels have to our emotional & spiritual dis-ease. The root & sacral chakras govern this area & the bowels principally indicate the release of waste, in any form. The fear of "letting go" of the old & "anything" [be it physical, mental, emotional] that is no longer benefiting the self, is inherent in proper bowel function.

I have been working on a lot of old emotional/physical/childhood issues since this pain manifested 4 years ago. I also know that this flare up that has not abated for over 3 months, started only a couple weeks after the death of my youngest sister & a falling out with another. In all truth I do not know exactly what I am holding on to in regard to these circumstances. I imagine it is a compilation of many things, as is usual. As siblings, our relationships were/are very troubled & often volatile. The surpise at the youngest of us passing first was of course traumatic even though we knew it was coming [she had lung cancer]. I do have support & did a lot of venting, crying, grieving, journaling, etc. Though still sad I do not think "this " alone is the issue. Nor is the falling out with the other sister. Upsetting, of course; but,it has happened with her several other times & though the timing was unfortunate, she is who she is & though I may not always like it & it saddens me, I do accept her for who she is.

I truly do not believe the "impaction" seen on the CT is the problem, physically. I am 57 so have no doubt that it is "time" for a cleanse. Even more than the physical aspect, I have been told that a cleanse often releases emotional waste, too. My intent is to make this cleanse a healing experience. I am asking questions on the physical aspects because I am not familiar with them & wish first to do myself no harm. I plan to incorporate prayer & energy work as well as journaling throughout this time.

I exercised regularly 3-6 times a week for over 5 years. Then 2 years ago I had some heart problems [so the Dr. thought} & was told to stop for about 6 months. Started again, then old & new back problems occured...so had to stop once again. I will be finished with my current back therapy in 2 weeks & have already started a light exercise regimen. I will be very glad to get the green light to get back into a regular program. I do do some yoga & have been allowed to keep up some of my stretching, which is a blessing.

Food wise, I could do better! I "eat right" about 75% of the time. My main problem is overeating, particularly now that I am not exercising. I have been overweight all my adult life & used to yo-you quite a bit, which I know is even worse for the body. I have been pretty consistent for the past several years & it is during this time that I learned a lot about the right foods to eat.

I do eat ground flax seed sprinkled on whole grain cereal or fresh fruit & yogurt. I also take flax oil & DHA. I use X-Virgin olive oil or coconut oil when needed for flavoring. Very little meat of any kind. Chicken, but not enough fish, which is why I take DHA :-) I eat sprouted grain breads, tortillas, etc. Lots of veggies, but not enough fruit; though in the past month I have been having at least 2 a day. I drink some de-caf coffee & tea & green or herbal teas. 100+ oz. water daily.

I learned about pomegranate seeds lately for digestion & plan on drying some to eat. Now I take probiotics & digestive enzymes. I do NOT know about "chia". [I do know that I could use more protein sources.Other than organic eggs occasionally & a little chicken & some soy products, I do not get any other protein.] I thought at first you meant CHAI, as in the spicy tea drink! Would I get these seeds at a regular health food store?

I started the psyllium on docs advice following surgery for pylonidal cyst. He said it would prevent "straining" associated with BM & help my regularity. That was before I started eating better. Maybe following the cleanse, when I won't be taking it, I will be able to rely on food fiber.

Thank you again & any additional help will be greatly appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.453 sec, (2)