CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Blastocystis hominis

ketchup Views: 3,893
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 466,571

Re: Blastocystis hominis

I do not know if it is related specifically to BH because 7 years ago, I came back from a trip to Mexico/Guatemala/Belize loaded with different types of parasites/BH was only one of them, the other major one being Gardiasis.
The symptoms I experienced after this trip were intestinal problems and major food and chemical sensitivities, which I had never had before. I didn't even know what those words meant!
I was treated with Flagyl for a week but the food/chemical sensivities have remained to that day, with ups and downs. Sometimes they seem to fade and sometimes they come back.
A culture done recently by the major tropical diseases Institute in my country of residence showed no parasites. I know it does not prove they are gone, as these creatures are difficult to catch in the act. The symptom that tends to indicate parasites are still present is "fluctuating oesinophilia"; that is to say the rate of oesinophilus??? (a kind of leucocytes) appearing in blood tests is sometimes normal, sometimes slightly above normal. This symptom, hyperoesinophilia, fluctuating or permanent, is typical of many parasites.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.281 sec, (1)