CureZone   Log On   Join
Can a person have ascåris with no lung problems...?

Miss Scarletwhiskers Views: 2,076
Published: 16 years ago

Can a person have ascåris with no lung problems...?

I think I have Ascaris, but I do not have lung problems. How can this be, if their eggs travel to the lungs? I don't have athsma, and I don't cough much at all. Sometimes, I notice the worse my health is, I may get a teenzy bit wheezy, but it is so faint and I hardly notice it at all.

When I was little I had an extensive case of "whooping cough" that lasted awhile. The doctors told my parents I would outgrow it and I did. I used to get irritable and have temper tantrums sometimes when I was much younger. My parents called this "low blood sugar" because whenever they had me eat some fruit or something like this I would immediately calm right down and become my sweet self again. Even in college, my boyfriend at the time knew whenever I got crabby to just throw some food my way and all would be well. But this might just be normal.

My oldest brother had this "low blood sugar" issue, too. Now he is just starting to experience some gastrointestinal issues, but he is an M.D. and would NEVER explore the route I am going on.

We did grow up with LOTS of cats. Outdoor cats that would sleep with me at night. I wonder if this started me on the parasite path. I'm sure Guatemala didn't help, either.

Anyway, I suppose I may never really find out where I picked this stuff up. But I sure can't wait to get rid of it.

My main question amidst all my late night blabbering is: can a person still be infected with Ascaris even if they do not have any bizarre lung issues? My lungs seem just fine. No coughing. Maybe some flem I get up when I clear my throat from time to time, but nothing out of the ordinary!

Thank you!

Annie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.367 sec, (1)