CureZone   Log On   Join
A personal question

linkin Views: 1,486
Published: 16 years ago

A personal question

Andreas,

since my health has improved through healthy living, I have felt strong enough to confront my father and tell him I do not wish further contact with him (he is manipulative, unloving, ran our home like a military camp and constantly critisizes). Because of this, he has installed a fear in me towards basically everything and I've had to work very hard (instead of enjoying life) to maintain a level of confidence and self-belief.

I know my decition was right, I need to protect myself from the constant extreme negativity and now that I'm grown-up....I can. But, this has caused great upheavel in my family as the others remain loyal to him. I wish things would calm down. Do you have any thoughts about how I can prevent all this family chaos from getting to me? I feel very strong, but very vulnerable at the same time....A sense for what is right and what is wrong is a large part of my personality, and at the moment it's working for and against me.

Thank you, linkin

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

6.172 sec, (1)