CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: COULD I HAVE ADD or ADHD?

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
stepka Views: 1,403
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 51,208

Re: COULD I HAVE ADD or ADHD?

Hi Divinchi, I hope you are still reading after all this time. It certainly sounds like you could have AD/HD. I just got diagnosed myself, and have all those symptoms. You can take a self test at www.amenclinic.com. Also there is a good forum there.

And Rudenski, I do agree with most of what you say about nutrition, but I decided to go on a low dose of medication so I could get it together enough to get nutritional stuff going. Also, I was not able to start an exercise program before, because I couldn't stay consistent enough. Now I am walking regularly.

Here are some of the nutritional supplements that I've been researching on. L-tyrosine, GABA, magnesium, B vitamins (my meds are almost worthless without a daily dose of Bs), iron (I'm always low), grape seed extract, phosphatidyl serine-PS, and I read the article above about Kava kava, and think I'll try that too.

I've been off of Sugar for a couple of years now, and that has helped, but not nearly enough. In fact, I was a sugarholic because it helped me to focus, but only for a few minutes, so I was constantly eating sweets. My diet is actually pretty good, so diet alone is not going to fix ADD.

I attribute a lot of my problems to the totally crappy diet I was raised on. My mom couldn't cook, and my dad did the grocery shopping, and he was ultra cheap. We got the very cheapest brand of store margarine, cheap white bread, canned veggies, etc. Soda, not juice--pretty much the same diet many kids are raised on today. But those brain cells are gone now, and no diet is going to bring them back.

When I was a kid my allergies were horrible. My doctor said she has never seen a full blown case of ADD without accompanying allergies, and if we control the allergies, the ADD generally improves. So I'm looking into that too. Homeopathic allergy meds works pretty well.

Anyway, I found a pretty good doc--she is willing to work with me on the supplements, though she doesn't know much about them, so I have to do the research. So Rudi, what do you think of the list of supplements I've provided, and do you have anything you'd add to that? I'd appreciate it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.766 sec, (2)