CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Where do I start?

Free shipping on orders over $49
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More

Free shipping on orders over $49
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

fledgling Views: 1,268
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 418,610

Re: Where do I start?

I very much agree with Humaworm!

Children accept what happens at home as 'normal', and they are so easily distracted into happier pursuits. All it takes is a word, and your attention...maybe just a knowing wink.

If you set the stage for an attractive event, saying nothing of your 'reasons', ANYONE nearby will be drawn to join in.

Start from where you and your family are. If your family enjoys swimming, pack up a meal and appropriate clothes and do it.

If you are waiting in a nice spot with a book you feel your daughter will enjoy, guess where she will want to be!

(I suggest "Twig"; anything by P.L. Travers; or anything by Beatrix Potter, perhaps beginning with "The Tale of Peter Rabbit." Ask your librarians...they know everything! Take your daughter to the library, and linger as long as she loves it.)

I suggest that you can change any point-of-view a child picks up, simply by introducing other things into their awareness.

Princess Diana took her children out at night to see how the homeless lived...and, most certainly, to help, I am sure. I don't know how she managed this, or even what mistakes she might have made in her life...but I do know that she did some great good.

There was a young woman named Louise Woolcott (I believe), who was dying of a disease. She told her mom and dad that she would like to see Princess Diana at least once. Her folks wrote to the princess.

Before long, the family was told Diana would come to their home at a certain time.

It was raining that evening. Diana knocked on their door, and apologized for her wet and windblown appearance.

During the visit, the princess encouraged Louise in her ambition to open a clinic for support of the victims of her disease and their families.

The clinic opened, and Diana was there.

Later, after Louise had died, Princess Diana telephoned the bereaved parents, particularly when she knew they would be remembering. "This is Diana. Is it convenient for you to speak just now?" (Or words to that effect.)

The lady was gifted in encouraging others. Who would have suspected that someone living a 'royal' life would care, and behave in this way?

I promise you, Star, you will find happy ways to introduce wonderful and unexpected things into your family's lives, beyond anything you have dreamed so far. Start with the things you love right now, and tailor your words and actions to suit each occasion, with your loving objectives in mind.

I'd also like to mention bonding. Not everyone knows in advance just what that is.

It is a quiet moment when two people, or more, feel connected to each other. I think these moments can string together for a warm relationship, even when things are not spoken. In any case, those moments are never forgotten.

Let yourself be creative. There are zillions of things to introduce into your family life, when you choose.

Enjoy!

fledgling

(Hint: Never let 'em see you sweat! They'll think you're Wonder Woman!)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.734 sec, (2)