CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Correlation between candidiasis and low blood cell count.

EPP Views: 9,423
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 528,729

Re: Correlation between candidiasis and low blood cell count.

Have you or your friend been on antifungal medications?

I was on Diflucan trying to treat systemic candida and after awhile my platelet count fell, although it was not alarmingly low. My doctor had me finish the prescription and re-test. My next results indicated very low platelets, moderately low red count and although my white count overall was good, the lymphocytes were just below the low normal range.

Apparently when one count is off, the others may go down subsequently like a dominoe effect. My doctor said it was some sort of toxic blood reaction to the medications. After I went off, the counts slowly started coming back up, as of last test, only lymphocytes were not quite back up to normal, but since others had come up the doctor sent me on my way, assuming all was a result of medications.
(This last result has been a concern to me since I have a lot of swollen glands, apparently due to life long sinus/allergy problems and now the problem has gotten worse with the candida.)

From what I've read, candida can effect every single function in your body and would make sense that it would effect blood results if it is a systemic infection, and if one kind of count being off can effect another count.

EPP

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.500 sec, (1)