CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: gluten sensitvity, craving grain of some variety

kitty jackson Views: 1,059
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 555,290

Re: gluten sensitvity, craving grain of some variety

This is how i make bread -
in a bowl mix 1/2 cup flour, 1 tbsp flax meal, 1/4 tsp guar gum, 1/4 tsp salt, and a handful of sunflower and pumkin seeds. stir in 1/2 cup cold water. When mixed ad in 1 tbsp oil, mix then keep adding flour till can no longer stir. then using your hands knead in more flour till you have a dough. I then usually divide it into 3 and knead each one on a floured top and roll or pat in a flat. Then toast it. I found the best thing to use is those little electris ovens that you put on the worktop. It works best if you cook it from one side only (not sure why).
the dough will keep for a day. so i tend to cook 2 pats in the morning for breakfast then cook the other at night with my supper. don't keep it in the fridge as it goes to hard. It might sound a lot of work to begin with but after a while you'll find you can do it in your sleep and it only takes a couple of minutes to whip it up in the morning. I also try different combinations like bazil and chopped olives instead of the seeds if i want an evening type bread. or use chickpea flour instead of the flax. you'll also find the quantities are approximate and after a while you'll just guess and just throw the ingredients in.
The flour mix i do myself - 2 1/2 cups rice flour (i use brown) 1 cup potato starch 1/2 cup quinoa and 1/2 cup buckwheat.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.609 sec, (1)