CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Whey recipe?

lonewolf Views: 1,547
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 660,920

Re: Whey recipe?

I just made whey for the first time last week and it was easy. I used a quart of whole goat milk yogurt (I'm sure cow's milk would work the same). Put a very clean, thin kitchen towel in the strainer, put it over a bowl and dump in the yogurt. Cover the yogurt with the rest of the towel and leave it on the counter for about 12 hours. Pour all the whey (all the liquid) into a glass jar and refrigerate. Then make a little "bundle" out of the towel, with the remains of the yogurt still inside, tie it up and tie it to a wooden spoon and hang in over the bowl (get rid of the strainer) for about 8 more hours. Add the new way to the jar. I haven't really found a good use for the "cream cheese" that is left, it's really "goaty", but I think cow's milk would be more pleasant. If these directions weren't clear, the recipe is in Nourishing Traditions if you have it.

Liz

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.844 sec, (1)