CureZone   Log On   Join
yes, and no

thinker Views: 654
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 666,420

yes, and no

First let me say, AWESOME POST. You have a knack for self expression that most would salivate to copy.

Second, no you are not alone. From personal experience you are going through what I call the "grey period". Its a phase that some people experience once while others just keep going through over and over. Either way, its normal.

You seem to understand a lot about yourself and what you want, but are struggling with the social identity that most wear without question. That's okay. I still don't wear mine, and don't think I ever will. Society tells us that in order to be whole we must be part of two... that a complete life is one that is shared between a couple and that they should concieve. Its an endless cycle that many welcome with open arms and blind trust. That's okay too... for them.

I am here to tell you that as one who also saw the question looming, "why must I be part of two to be one", that it's not for you. You don't need someone else. You don't have to be with another to be happy or whole or complete or romanitic, or funny, or to self actualize or any of the things that most deem as certain requirements. I go to movies, dinner, plays, sporting events or just stay at home and read, all by myself. YES, I have friends. More over I have found that many of the people I know respect me more for my ability to live my own life. It takes a certain amount of personal courage to travel Frost's road. The social scene is fun at times, but I only venture into it when I want to. I get the feeling you are much the same.

You will be fine. There are several books out there, many can be found with little reseach. Just a few are "in search of the simple life", "complete living" and even "walden".... many more await you if you choose to look.

I hope this helps. The love you want is out there. And will be waiting for you. Don't change your ideas that one must be a whole before they can be a part. HOLD tight to your thoughts of self. There is someone else doing just the same, and you will meet him...

-thinker

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

3.156 sec, (1)