CureZone   Log On   Join
you people will get it eventually!!!!!

docbonzai Views: 1,749
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 666,728

you people will get it eventually!!!!!

Well, you're going to freak out at my reply here, but frankly, deal with it. This is neither condescending nor insult; just truth. Take it as you like.

You see, it's women (and men) like you that prolong this debate. You're living in this narcisistic world where you are better than the rets, and so are your friends and your choice in lovers. I'm sorry, my dear, but you're just like the rest of us. You are human (though, if not, disregard this message).

You see, we are all in this together, and the sooner we step out of our "theatrical characters" (see Irvin Goffman) the better. The existentialist thinkers of this and last century would constantly bring up the point that less than 1% of human beings take the time for introspection BEYOND their daily characters. We put up fronts, like yours in the form of denial, avoiding the devastating truth that we are not who we think we are. It's sometimes that we aren't as talented, or we aren't as good looking, or we aren't as smart--but most of us will never know. Once you fail to take the step towards removing this blindfold, you will forever be lost in your own escape mechanisms (see Freud, for this one!).

But, is it bad to be different than who we portray ourselves to be? Why should it be bad to be who we are?!? It SHOULD be ok! As a man, what if I were a huge fan of ballet? Of chick-flicks? Of the color pink? Of romance?!? Oh no!!! But there are still so many that label based on a balance of these criteria with social norms, despite the fact that there is nothing wrong with a little individuality in this world.

It's time for all of us to spend some time alone and reflect on every detail of our lives, and take the time to understand who we REALLY ARE. And, you know what? That INCLUDES THE BAD! Yes, what I'm getting at through all of this convoluted bull$*&% is that we often ARE as bad as the stereotypes, but we don't want to find out that this is true. It just might hurt to hear it! But once you get over the initial shock, you'll realize that being "only human" is as powerful as it is humbling; you see, by thinking outside of the box, you are doing something special. You are doing something that NO PLANT can do, NO ANIMAL can do, and something that over 99% of the more than 6 billion people on this earth are incapable of doing.

Have fun!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

7.235 sec, (2)