I think it is highly likely that hormonal changes (spiking of hormones) may be influencing the chemical balance of your skin. If you skin feel more oily or dry or feels different than other times during the month this may be the case.
I would suggest you take extra skin cleansing care:
1. Scrub your face with a mild cleanser and remove all dead skin cells and debris that may be clogging your skin pores.
2. Open the skin pores by applying warm water or steam.
3. Apply an natural anti-bacterial product to skill any remaining bacteria in your skin pores.
4. Makes sure the natural product also aids in healing the skin and helps to bring back the normal PH balance to your skin.
5. Increase this process to 2-3 times a day if necessary during periods of hormonal changes.