CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Low carb path

betta Views: 1,273
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 723,033

Re: Low carb path

That's great about you and your wife losing weight so quickly. I have been hypoglycemic for a long long time, and now it seems to have turned into a mild sort of insulin resistance, so I am probably prediabetic also. I have had chronic fatigue for a long time, too, and instead of focusing on hypoglycemia I went off in all different directions. One of the directions was macrobiotic, which is all carbs and very low fat. I was tired and grouchy the whole time, but my allergies eased up. I have had a lot of different symptoms over the years and tried a lot of different diets. I tried all raw vegan about two years ago, and I think it made my insulin resistance worse. I've tried low carb, but the meat always gave me major problems. But in that case, I would usually include some kind of grain because I didn't have to worry about losing weight. I tried AV's diet only for a short time because I had to go to eastern Europe with a group of people and eat whatever I could get my hands on that wouldn't make me sick. On AV's diet I had much less pain, and would have gone straight back to it once I got home, but I am having a hard time making myself eat the raw meat. Also, now I don't know if I should eat the honey that he includes in his diet.
After reading that zerocarb website information today I bought some beef and ate it rare, and am going to try to continue doing that. I had cooked eggs for breakfast, which usually make me sick, but maybe because I usually eat some kind of carb with them, which I didn't do this morning.
I just don't know what the rules would be as far as eating carbs if you can't afford to lose weight. Well, I actually could stand to lose some inches around my waist and gain some muscle in other areas of my body.

betta

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.656 sec, (1)