CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Several thing come to mind when reading that...

omniguy Views: 1,282
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 723,048

Re: Several thing come to mind when reading that...

Who has more experience in the field than Jane Goodall?

she stated and observed year ago,that chimps are oppurtunistic eaters and will eat just abut anything, including each other and other species of monkeys.

They will eat birds,small rodents and a wide variety of insects including ants,termites and grubs.

What I find amazing is that ther DNA is 99.9% like ours.Snakes and primates are my favorite classes of animals and I spend a great deal of time studying both.

Here's a little nugget regarding Jane,a woman I admire a great deal

In the early 1960s, when the british primatologist Jane Goodall first observed wild chimpanzees hunting and eating meat in Gombe National Park, Tanzania, it was widely believed that these animals were strict vegetarians. Skeptics suggested that the diet of the Gombe chimpanzees was aberrant. Others suggested that the quantity of meat the chimpanzees ate was trivial. After more than 30 years of research, however, it is now clear that meat is a natural part of the chimpanzees' diet. Indeed, hunting has been observed at most of the other sites where chimpanzees are studied across central Africa. And, it turns out, a chimpanzee community may eat several hundred kilograms of meat in a single year.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.156 sec, (1)