CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Just so, Rudy!

fledgling Views: 1,032
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 724,956

Re: Just so, Rudy!

It is hard to find the time in this busy world, I know, especially when one must figure out so many other pressing questions.

It's almost as if there are alarm bells going off all around, screaming for our attention.

The parent who finds their priorities, and makes a happy choice, develops a mindset that protects the whole family, I think. ...And helps everyone to find their way.

I was privileged to see Monty Robert's video on Public Broadcasting out of KCTS Seattle. Monty is the original 'horse whisperer', and works with horses all over the world.

When he was a boy (the son of a horse 'breaker') he taught himself the 'language' of horses, and was able to develop a method of communication with the animals that leads directly to co-operation. 'Breaking' is no longer necessary. Monty calls this moment of understanding between man and beast, 'Start-Up'.

The video shows him bringing a horse who had been previously 'damaged' with another method, to the point of 'Start-Up'. It is breath-taking to see.

At the regular demonstrations, with horses in need, people watching in the gallery above often faint at that moment.

There is a theory that the people so affected may be women who know abuse.

I feel that the mind recognizes the value of the method, beyond conscious thinking.

Monty has also developed the same rapport with young people, and has worked wonders with them. If my memory serves me correctly, he has taken in foster children, and 'restarted' them.

Read the story of Monty's work at http://www.montyroberts.com and get his astonishing video through KCTS, Seattle. He has also written a book (among others) called "Horse Sense for People."

One of these days I will read it. The video was enough to convince me. Instantly, one can see how to communicate in 'horse language', or the 'language' of any other living creature.

At Monty's website, look for the story of his work with aboriginal children in Australia. I think it was about 'a green stone'.

An entire school in Britain has adopted his methods, much to the pleasure of the children who attend. Monty was honored when he visited the school during a trip to see horses.

Understanding, and effectiveness, is much easier than we have known...and it's priceless.

Good for you, Rudy, and Star!

f.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.813 sec, (2)