CureZone   Log On   Join
confused and desperate!

flowers2211 Views: 2,204
Published: 15 years ago

confused and desperate!

Hi everyone,

First I want to say how happy i am to have found this forum and how wonderful you all seem to be and knowledgable about PCOS.

I am 25, 5'6 about 30 lbs overweight and was diagnosed with PCOS on both ovaries, endometriosis, AND fibroid tumors on my uterus about 2 years ago...
I went on Yasmin for about 1.5 yrs and then went off them because my symptoms really weren't getting any better, I was scared about being on the pills for too long, and also I lost my health insurance. The doctor I was seeing wasn't very helpful, didn't give me any information, just basically handed me a prescription for the pills and sent me on my way.
I decided that I wasn't going to let this get worse, and i didn't want to go back to conventional medicine..So, I quit smoking and became a vegan about 1 months ago, which has helped my weight a great deal (i'm probably down about 8 lbs and still going), I eat very good whole foods and have no cravings for soda, caffine, cigarettes, just veggies and soy and whole grains. I feel good being a vegan, I always wanted to do it and I never want to go back.
However, I am soooo confused and worried that I'm not doing the right thing with my diet because I don't know with the conflicting conditions if it's going to hurt me in the long run..what supplements I should take to help with hormone balancing and insulin resistance?? I don't want to take something that's going to make the endometriosis worse or make the fibroids grow!
My skin has cleared completely (which i think is the result of becoming a vegan), but the hair on my chin is so embarassing and it just rips at my self esteem...
Also, what cleanses should I do since I'm probably full of toxins from 6 years of smoking? It just seems like there is so much info out there I don't even know where to start.
Any help at all would be much appreciated!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.250 sec, (1)